2.23.2011

sea times.

We have been out a bunch over the past couple weeks. It is incredible how quickly you can fall into a routine... and as overwhelmed as I am at times, it is pretty amazing the difference between where I am now and where I was two months ago. I went from Auburn with no idea of what I was doing, to driving a ship around Tokyo Bay.... talk about a change of pace! 

Being out on the water was an amazing sight at night. There are more stars than I knew existed and the only sound around is the water crashing into our sides.... completely peaceful. It gives me more of an appreciation for where I am and the unique opportunities ahead of me.

I need to take more pictures, but here is one as we were pulling out of Yokosuka a couple weeks ago. I took this picture from the ship; you can see a snowcapped Mt Fugi in the background. Very few days is it clear enough that you can see the mountain... it was a pretty impressive sight to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment