2.14.2011

cable.

Today was a great day because I got the keys to MY VERY OWN Japanese apartment... not so good today was the outflux of cash. Being a grownup is EXPENSIVE. Yikes! (Thanks to the parentals for covering this in the past... I am missing those days about now.)

One of the many tasks accomplished today was setting up my internet and cable service.... I discovered the Japanese version of Charter Cable. For those that have not lived in or near Auburn and dealt with company, let me enlighten you: they are the devil of cable companies. They charge too much just because they can, and their customer service leaves much to be desired. Their foreign, non-English speaking employees are anything but helpful or polite in most cases.

Now, enter Japanese (with NO English speaking employees) cable company.... just another over-priced bundle of cable, internet, and phone service. (Cable service of which half will be in Japanese, and a phone I will never use.) Though I am quite sure my facial expression directed towards the list of ridiculous charges expressed my disdain despite the language barrier, I grudgingly signed the dotted line agreeing to the service. 

Life lesson here: No matter what country you  are in, you will pay too much to be spoiled by things like cable and cell phones. fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment