1.23.2011

japanese lessons.

When I tell someone that I am moving to Japan, they immediately spew out a list of questions following their look of shock...
  1. Do you speak Japanese? No
  2. Do you know where you will live? No
  3. Do you know anyone there? No
  4. Do you know what your job will be? Not really
  5. Aren't you scared? Yes, thanks for reminding me
While I do hear these questions a lot, I don't mind too much. I suppose I would be asking someone else all the same things...though now I may reconsider knowing how clueless I feel. I have no real plan except the Navy's plan, and that currently seems to be a day-by-day process.

I have so much to learn about my new home. My sister previously shared some of her research with me, so at least I have this as a starting point! And, I am quite certain that each day will bring me a new challenge and a new lesson in learning to live in a new place with an entirely different culture. With great anxiousness and anticipation, I am ready to take on this new adventure!


 
T-minus 2 days until leaving for my new home...

No comments:

Post a Comment