1.26.2011

fear.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
                        - Eleanor Roosevelt

Moving to the other side of the world, taking on a job that I am not at all sure of, doing something I never planned on = The.Most.Terrifying.Thing.I.Have.Ever.Done. Period. 

I am sitting in the airport, waiting to leave the US, wondering how in the world I got myself into this mess. But, then I remember that the scariest things I have done are the ones that have been the most worthwhile in my life. I never thought I would make it this far, so why stop now?

This may just be the next great thing in my story. And I will be back before I know it. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you... I keep telling everyone about my sister who has the guts to move to Japan for almost two years... and how much I'm going to miss her. I can't wait to hear about all your adventures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't move out of the US, but I can relate..... to a much smaller extent. It is so scary not knowing anyone or what you'll be doing, but be proud that you are doing it. Too many people are afraid to get out of their little bubble and see what else is out there!! I'm so proud and excited for you, and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete