1.30.2011

almost home.


 Here are some pictures of my soon-to-be Japanese apartment! It is not too big, but plenty for just me. I will have a bedroom, office, living room, and a tatami room that I am thinking will be a dining room. It is not far from base and overlooks Tokyo Bay.

 Below is the best part.... TWO walkin closets... my shoes are relieved they will have a sufficient home!



 The catch I am quickly learning with these apartments is that size of doorways and hallways. You have to be super mindful of the size of furniture because lots of times it won't fit into the apartment. Below is the entryway... that cabinet is filled with little shelves to hold your shoes. Japanese people take off their shoes when entering a home... even while looking at empty apartments, we took our shoes off.... very cold feet!




Bathrooms are pretty crazy.... there is a toilet room and a shower room. The toilet room has nothing but a toilet in it. The toilet even has a heated toilet seat.... Japanese apparently put a lot of care into where they sit their booty! The shower room is a room with a shower head on the all and drain on the floor. This is where you bathe and then soak in the tub to relax. The tub has a special heater attached, so you can't use soap or bubble bath. The sinks I understand... just like ours!



I will post more in a few weeks when I finally move in and get some furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment