1.24.2012

fire.

Sooo Domestic Failure Part 2.

Tonight, I had an ACTUAL FIRE in MY KITCHEN!!

If this isn't a sign that I am never destined to be a betty crocker, I do not know what is.

I had this great idea that I would make my own pita chips tonight by toasting pita bread pieces. HOW HARD CAN THIS BE?? Well for me, it was apparently too much to handle in this little kitchen. I got distracted with something and then before i knew it, all I could smell was gas. My alarm started to go off, but I was still not able to figure what was causing the smell or the alarm. THEN I looked down into my little fish grill. I was shocked to see the entire thing ENGULFED in FLAMES. In true Emily fashion I screamed and panicked.

Thankfully, J was on skype with me to offer wonderful advice in how to handle the situation. I shut all the power and gas off in the kitchen. Then he said, fire, put water on it. So, I poured a huge glass of water on it.... only to have a HUGE flame jump up!! I forgot to share the detail that there was grease in the bottom of the pan from previous cooking disasters... oops!

Following the engulfment of flames, I quickly shut the oven to watch the fire eventually put itself out. This was not before my back splash was blackened with smoke and my cooking pride ruined for good!! I am however fairly certain that J got a good laugh out of it when I got ANOTHER visit from the Japanese security company.


No comments:

Post a Comment