1.03.2012

forward.

One year ago I posted this quote...

Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
The Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to
Alice: I don't much care where.
The Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.
I felt more lost and scared about my future than I ever had. I was in search of a path and plan. One year later, I read the rest of the conversation...
Alice: …so long as I get somewhere.
The Cat: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough.
 I have been in Japan (and some semblance of the real world) for almost a year. I have learned a lot about me and life and how unfair it is sometimes. I have also seen how wonderful and full of love and happiness it can be. Life is full of laughter and tears and joy and sadness and.... it is not always about the destination. I have learned that it is more about the journey rather than where you are headed. After a year of Japanese and Navy adventures and mishaps, I still am left wondering so much about what comes next. But, I am ready to take on 2012 not worried about this as much as I am about enjoying what it is that I have right here, right now.

Here's to letting go and enjoying the ride, keeping one foot in front of the other.

So long as I keep moving forward, I will find where it is I am headed eventually.... and there is so much to enjoy and be grateful for along the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment