1.07.2012

distance.

dis·tance/ˈdistəns/

Noun:
An amount of space between two things or people.

Verb:
Make (someone or something) far off or remote in position or nature.

Synonyms:
interval - space - way - range - length - remoteness

Distance has a multitude of definitions. It can be something you measure with a tool, see with your eyes, travel to on a plane, or feel with you heart. How is it that it is so messy navigating through life sometimes? Is that the whole point? Maybe it is. I have taken on this past year of my life in quite a unpredictable fashion... sometimes feeling like my life was in shambles. I have even used that exact descriptor at times. But, I make no apologies for how I try to make the best of what life throws my way.

Distance has become quite the topic in my life this week. How does it make life better or worse? Does it make relationships impossible or that much better? Is it forever or is it temporary? There are so many questions about the word.

This week has shown me that distance can be good and bad. It's not very fun at times, but it makes you stronger. I think it is just worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment