4.07.2011

fighter.

"I’m not a fighter. I usually smile and then go into my room and cry my eyes out." - Carol Diahann Johnson

Clearly, Carol was talking about me when she said this.

My mom is awesome and pretty much my hero. My family harasses us that we are too much alike. I would describe us as becoming the same person (rather me becoming her) with the key (rather important) difference being that she is far less emotional (sensitive) than I am. Maybe she was born like this, or maybe she has had 28 more years to practice.... either way, I have not picked up on this trait. I hope that one day I can learn to be more like her in this regard... passionate and driven without letting my emotions get the best of me.

Until I figure this out, I will stick to faking it. Outside I will smile and put up a tough front...save those tears for those who love me anyways, crazy emotions and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment