4.02.2011

blog backlog.


I have been underway the past few weeks. What was initially scheduled to be a normal underway with planned exercises quickly changed into a day-by-day mission after the earthquake and subsequent tsunami hit Japan. My ship participated in the search & rescue and relief efforts from day one because we were in such close proximity.

I was not able to blog while gone, but I had made sure to take note of some of the things that impacted me the greatest. I will try to share some pieces of what it was like from my perspective.  There were definitely highs and lows to the experience of being around this disaster and just underway in general.  I share this with no claim to be an expert and surely not claiming to have done anything special; I just wanted to keep track of what it was like keeping up with and trying to aid in the disaster relief from this side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment