8.22.2012

cake.

"Birthdays are nature's way of telling us to eat more cake!" -Unknown

Cake or wine.. it's close to the same, right? Tonight, I am celebrating reaching a quarter-century with a celebratory glass of red wine in my favorite wine glass and a sweet chick flick. Twenty-five sure seemed more exciting back when I was eighteen or even twenty. Now, it means I am half way to fifty, the oldest of the single sisters, and hopefully (emphasis on the hope) one year closer to whatever it is I am supposed to be doing with the rest of my life.

After another year here in the land of the Rising Sun, I am thankful for all of the opportunities I have had since I celebrated two-four in a small, Asian, Mexican restaurant. I have visited all over this part of the world, made some new friends here and back in America, met a sweet boy, realized an old dream, and had the best visitors ever last week. I have lots of great things to smile about and realize what a sweet birthday this quarter-century one really is. Though, I must confess I am much looking forward to celebrating two-six back at home with someone i love.

I hope your wish still comes true if you make it over wine instead of cake! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment